Shirley Ann Pritchard

Posted in

Funeral services for Shirley Ann Pritchard, 75 year old Buffalo woman who passed away Monday evening with her husband at her side, after a long courageous battle with Chronic Respiratory Disease at the Johnson County Health Care Center, will be held at a later date. Friends may donate in Shirley’s memory to the charity of their choice in care of the Adams Funeral Home, 351 North Adams Ave., Buffalo, WY 82834.

Shirley Ann Kessel Pritchard was born December 1, 1935 in Hazleton, Pennsylvania to Gladys and Edgar Kessel. She grew up in Hazleton where she received her education, graduating from Hazleton Senior High School in 1954. After high school she went to work in the Trust Department at the Hazleton National Bank. Shirley was married to Roland L. Pritchard at the Diamond Methodist Church in Hazleton on June 2, 1962 and they made their home in Rochester, New York where she was employed by the Central Trust Company and Roland worked for the Department of Public Works. In 1964 they moved back to Hazleton where Roland worked for Vira-Tech Engineers, Inc. and Shirley became a homemaker after the birth of her sons Keith and Jeffery. In 1967 the couple moved to Wappinger Falls, New York when Roland’s company transferred him. Shirley reentered the work force several years later as a part time secretary for Roland and was also employed by VanKleek Winne Insurance Adjusters. Shirley and her husband retired in 1996 and moved to Buffalo, Wyoming where they lived until the time of her death.

Shirley was a very active member of the United Methodist Church, the Buffalo Red Hat Society, and the Global Grannies with whom she enjoyed conventions and travel, particularly her trip to Hawaii. She also enjoyed her meetings of the Women’s Health Forum and her lunches with the “Lunch Bunch”. Wildlife watching and fly fishing were other activities she enjoyed.

She is survived by her loving husband Roland of 48 years; two sons: Keith Pritchard of Wassaic, New York and Jeff (Melissa) Pritchard of Millerton, New York. She was preceded in death by her parents.