Gloria Jean Butts

Posted in

Funeral services for Jean Butts, 61 year old Buffalo woman who passed away Monday morning at the Johnson County Health Care Center following a courageous battle with cancer, will be held Thursday, March 29th at 2:00 p.m. from the Adams Funeral Home Chapel in Buffalo with Reverend Tom Saur officiating. Visitation will be held from the Funeral Home Chapel on Wednesday from 1:00 p.m. until 9:00 p.m. and on Thursday from 9:00 a.m. until 1:00 p.m. Donations in Jean’s memory may be made to the Jean Butts Memorial, a fund set up to help the family defray final expenses. Burial will be in Willow Grove Cemetery with graveside services to follow the funeral.

Gloria Jean Butts was born on October 12, 1950 in El Centro, California to Tommy and Dorothy Riley. She moved as a young girl to Henrietta, Oklahoma where she started school. She moved to Del City, Oklahoma and attended Kerr Jr. High School. When she was 16 she moved to California to live with her father. Jean received a G.E.D. in 1973 and joined the U.S. Army serving in the U.S. After the army she worked at various jobs before attending the Police Academy in Oklahoma City. Jean worked as a police officer in Oklahoma for seven years. Following her time as a police officer Jean took a job driving over the road trucks which she continued for the next 22years. She was married to Earl Butts on May 9th of 1999 in Las Vegas and they had a home Grainger, Wyoming but spent most of their time as team driving truck. They bought a brand new Freightliner Truck which they operated for several years. Ill health forced her to retire in January of 2004. In 2006 they moved to Buffalo where they lived until the time of her death.

Jean was an avid fisherman and especially enjoyed fishing in the Big Horn Mountains.

She is survived by her husband Earl Butts of Buffalo; one sister Patty Riley and her companion Stephen Campbell of Joshua Tree, California; one half brother, Delbert Riley and his wife Jean of Bodfish, California and several nieces and nephews. She was preceded in death by her parents.