Wing, 68, Dies in Story Fire

One man died in a house fire in Story over the weekend. First responders were alerted to the residential fire at about 10:30 Friday evening and extinguished the flames to find the fire had claimed a life. Sheriff's Deputy, Cpl. Allen Thompson said the fire appeared to have started accidentally.

Sheridan County deputy coroner Kevin Sessions identified the deceased as 68 year-old Richard Wing. An autopsy determined he died of carbon monoxide poisoning secondary to smoke inhalation.

Cpl. Thompson added more details will be available when the investigation is complete.

view counter
We will soon be requiring people to use their real names for comments. Please take a couple moments to edit your Disqus accounts to reflect this change. You can edit your user name here.
SheridanWyoming.com

Send us a News Tip!

Have a news tip?
Use our anonymous form to let us know.