SAWS to Buy 300 Shares of Dome Lake

The SAWS Joint Powers Board has authorized purchase of 300 shares of the Dome Lake Reservoir. (Photo by Pat Blair)
The SAWS Joint Powers Board has authorized purchase of 300 shares of the Dome Lake Reservoir. (Photo by Pat Blair)

The Sheridan Area Water Supply joint powers board – also known as SAWS – has authorized purchase of 300 shares of Dome Lake Reservoir water.

Action came in a special meeting of the board Wednesday. County Commissioner Tom Ringley, who chairs the SAWS board, explained why the purchase is important.

Ringley said the total cost of the 300 shares is $750,000 - $2,500 per share. Another member of the SAWS board, County Commissioner Nick Siddle, said getting that amount of water was a big boon for SAWS.

Also at the meeting Wednesday, the SAWS board authorized purchase of one share of water in Park Reservoir and approved a Memorandum of Understanding for the cost share on an airport water transmission line project.

Ringley said the city of Sheridan will also have to approve the MOU, and Dan Roberts, who's the city's public works director, said that will happen at a future meeting of Sheridan's City Council.

Ringley said costs of the project are not yet concrete, but the preliminary estimate is $4.6 million.

The Wyoming Water Development Commission has proposed to provide a grant for 67 percent of the cost, although that must be approved by Wyoming's Legislature. SAWS and the city will seek a loan from the State Loan and Investment Board to provide the remaining 33 percent of costs.

At right, Tom Ringley, SAWS chairman. Nick Siddle is on the left. (Photo by Pat Blair)
At right, Tom Ringley, SAWS chairman. Nick Siddle is on the left. (Photo by Pat Blair)
SheridanWyoming.com

Send us a News Tip!

Have a news tip?
Use our anonymous form to let us know.