A Look Back in Time: April 27, 1914

C.K. Boyle fell into the chloride vat at 11 o'clock this morning.

The vat had just been emptied and cleaned out, and Mr. Boyle was descending into the vat to inspect it when the ladder broke. He was taken to his home on Seventh Street, and two doctors were called. They found the victim had suffered a severely strained back and a slight inflammation of his eyes due to action of the chloride. The victim is expected to recover sufficiently to return to work in a few days.

The city council this morning renewed expired rooming house licenses for the Great Western hotel, Sheridan Inn, the Foster House and Mrs. Fred Standard. W.T. Young was given a license to conduct a plumbing business.

Mrs. Wunderlich will review “When Knighthood was in Flower” at the May 5 meeting of the Book Review Club. The meeting will be at the home of Mrs. Chassell.

Carrol Realty
view counter

Send us a News Tip!

Have a news tip?
Use our anonymous form to let us know.