Firefighters Save Home, All Escape Injury

(Photo Courtesy of Sheridan Fire-Rescue)
(Photo Courtesy of Sheridan Fire-Rescue)

Everyone escaped injury Friday night and a home was saved due to quick work by local firefighters.

The fire in the home located in the 1400 block of Stonegate Drive in Sheridan was confined to the attic and roof, so the inside of the home sustained moderate smoke damage. The names of the victims were not released.

The report's coming in from the Sheridan Fire-Rescue Department. Brian Songer said the family discover the fire about 8:30 when their fire alarm went off and they received a call from a neighbor who reported seeing the eaves and roof on the back side on fire.

He said investigators have determined that the fire started within the home's rock and mortar chimney facade that had been constructed around an original all-metal chimney enclosure. Firefighters were on scene for several hours locating and removing areas of smoldering cellulose insulation that had blown into the attic.

Along with the local firefighters, a crews was also there from the Goose Valley Fire Department and the Rocky Mountain Ambulance and Sheridan Police Department were also on scene.

Eye Care of the Big Horns
view counter

Send us a News Tip!

Have a news tip?
Use our anonymous form to let us know.