Firefighters Called to Extinguish Blaze in Shed

Units from Goose Valley and Sheridan Fire Rescue were called out around 5:30 Friday night to battle what turned out to be a fire in a hay shed on East Lane just outside Sheridan.

Goose Valley Fire Chief Bob Williams said the blaze was originally reported as a structure fire but turned out to be an open-sided shed where hay was being stored. He said no one was injured, and firefighters had the blaze out in about 10 minutes, although crews remained on the grounds until around 7:30.

The chief said a skid-steer, which is a small vehicle used for loading, and 10 bales of hay were destroyed or damaged in the fire. The monetary value is undetermined at this time. The chief said the cause of the fire was a faulty extension cord. Three units from Goose Valley and one from Sheridan Fire Rescue responded to the call.

SheridanWyoming.com

Send us a News Tip!

Have a news tip?
Use our anonymous form to let us know.