Electrical Fire at Sheridan College

Photo Courtesy of Sheridan Fire/Rescue
Photo Courtesy of Sheridan Fire/Rescue

Sheridan Fire/Rescue was called to Sheridan College Wednesday afternoon after smoke was observed coming from the laundry room.

Fire Marshall, Brian Songer, tells what happened.

Because Sheridan College staff had acted quickly, there was no blaze to extinguish when the firefighters arrived. However, they still checked the building for fire extensions, and cleared smoke from the area.

Sheridan Fire Rescue has been working hand-in-hand with Sheridan College for familiarization with fire and other emergency proceedures. Songer said that time and effort paid off yesterday.

The cause of the fire was ultimately determined to be poor contact between electrical connections in a ceiling light fixture.


Send us a News Tip!

Have a news tip?
Use our anonymous form to let us know.