Dayton, Gillette Companies Win County Stream-bank Bids

Ken Muller (Leslie Stratmoen Photo)
Ken Muller (Leslie Stratmoen Photo)

CDS Excavation of Dayton and DRM, Inc. of Gillette will be doing the stream-bank stabilization work on county roads 92 and 93, or Tongue River and Kooi.

Both companies came in with the lowest bids of $53,000 for Tongue River and $147,500 for Kooi. The bids were approved this morning by the Sheridan County Commission.

County Engineer Ken Muller recommended the two companies, after all bids had been reviewed by city staff and engineers.

The Dayton company's low bid for the smaller project was $28,600 less than estimated. Prior to the bid approval, the commissioners were provided with a written statement from Travis Evans of ECS Engineers that backed up Muller's statement. He, too, attributed the lower bid to the company's proximity to the project and the company's quarry which is a mile above Tongue River Road.

And even though the Gillette company's bid was the lowest for the larger project on Kooi, that came in 38 percent over the engineer's estimate.

Both projects will be 75 percent funded by federal grants from the FEMA Hazard Mitigation program, with the remaining 25 percent paid by the county from Capital Facilities Tax revenues. Commission Chairman Steve Maier (MY-er) said …

The county's Administrative Director Renee Obermueller said she believed the county would not be considering the projects if it weren't for the funds coming in from the Cap Tax.

view counter

Send us a News Tip!

Have a news tip?
Use our anonymous form to let us know.