Buffalo To Re-Apply For Grant For Sewer Lift Station

Buffalo To Re-Apply For Grant For Sewer Lift Station

The City of Buffalo will be re-applying for a grant to help pay for an upgrade of an existing sanitary sewer lift station east of Buffalo.

The city will apply for a Federal Mineral Royalty Capital Construction Account Grant through the State Loan And Investment Board (SLIB) to be considered at an upcoming meeting.

Buffalo Mayor Mike Johnson explained the need to re-apply for the
grant.

According to City Works Director Les Hook, the lift station to be upgraded is on Highway 16 East, near the entrance to Deer Park Campground.
The upgrade of the lift station, which has been online since the mid-1980's, will consist of up-sizing the pumps, a new backup generator, and a complete replacement of the control system from its current solid state technology to digital.
Hook said the upgrade will make the lift station “more dependable.”

The total amount for the project is roughly $466,000 and the grant will be for 75% of that amount at nearly $350,000. The city will contribute the remaining 25% as the local match for the grant.

The council approved the grant application unanimously.

AttachmentSize
02-23-41.mp3131.49 KB
SheridanWyoming.com

Send us a News Tip!

Have a news tip?
Use our anonymous form to let us know.