A Sunday morning fire at an employee-housing cabin at Elk View Inn off Highway 14 near Dayton is believed to have originated in a ceiling fan, according to a media release from Sheridan Fire-Rescue Marshal Brian Songer.
Dayton Fire personnel knocked down the fire shortly before SFR arrived along with Burgess Junction Rescue and Rocky Mountain Ambulance.
The structure, a single-story duplex cabin, sustained heavy interior damage, Songer said. SFR personnel remained on-scene until early Sunday afternoon to make sure that the interior was clear of toxic gases including carbon monoxide. They also used a thermal imaging camera to check for fire extension in wall and ceiling areas.