The Wyoming Business Council Board of Directors will have a busy time of it during their upcoming meeting December 2nd and 3rd at the Laramie County Community College's Training Center in Cheyenne.
They will review energy efficiency grant applications for federal stimulus funding, grant applications for community assistance funding and a $20 million contract pertaining to the National Center for Atmospheric Research supercomputing center. CEO for the Wyoming Business Council, Bob Jensen, comments.
Along with so many applications from all over the state to thoroughly review, the WBC has other business to address as well.
REQUESTS FOR COMMUNITIES IN NE WYOMING INCLUDE:
Facility Retrofit Grant Program for energy efficiency upgrades:
- North East BOCES in Gillette requests $714,026.70 (recommended for $528,379.76)
- Rehabilitation Enterprises of North Eastern Wyoming (RENEW) in Sheridan requests $113,411 (recommended for $89,594.69)
- City of Sheridan requests $405,784.27 (recommended for $320,569.57)
- Sheridan County requests $165,000 (recommended in full)
Community Development Block Grant (CDBG) Applications:
- Downtown Development for Ranchester, requesting $300,000 (recommended)
- Planning Grants for Campbell County, requesting $25,000 (not recommended)
- Senior Citizens Council Planning Grant for Sheridan County, requesting $25,000 (recommended)
Business Ready Grant Applications:
- Ranchester requests $489,500 (recommended)