John Wade, with the Wyoming Water Devolopment Commission, was at the Buffalo City Council meeting Tuesday to offer the public a chance to comment on the proposed Buffalo NW Water Supply Project.
The project, if approved, would construct a pipeline approximately 1,900 lineal feet from the city to the Johnson County Airport, along with a 100,000-gallon storage tank and other pipelines to supply water to rural users northwest and east of the city.
Wade explained why the public meetings are necessary.
The WWDC recommendedthe project be authorized for a Level III, Phase I Reconstruction Engineering And Design Study with an appropriation of $365,000 from the Wyoming Legislature.
Of the $365,000 total, 67 percent, or $244,500 would come from a grant while the remaining 33 percent, or $120,000 would be in the form of a loan . Although the city and county are working together on the project, the City of Buffalo would be the primary entity on the loan and ultimately responsible for paying the loan back.
The only public comment came from County Commissioner Delbert Eitel, who said the county fully supports the project.
The WWDC will finalize their recommendation at their January 11 meeting in Cheyenne.