One man died in a house fire in Story over the weekend. First responders were alerted to the residential fire at about 10:30 Friday evening and extinguished the flames to find the fire had claimed a life. Sheriff's Deputy, Cpl. Allen Thompson said the fire appeared to have started accidentally.
Sheridan County deputy coroner Kevin Sessions identified the deceased as 68 year-old Richard Wing. An autopsy determined he died of carbon monoxide poisoning secondary to smoke inhalation.
Cpl. Thompson added more details will be available when the investigation is complete.