The Department of Veteran's Affairs and the State of Wyoming have awarded grants to the Wyoming Veteran's Home in Buffalo for upgrades and renovations at the facility.
Tom McClain, Superintendent of the Veterans Home, said the grant from the VA was for $800,000, or 65% of the total project cost of $1.2 million. The State of Wyoming contributed the other 35% from their Major Maintenance Fund.
McClain explains what the money was used for.
McClain said the work was completed back in 2010 and early 2011, and that the VA money was a reimbursement for their share of the money already spent on the project.
This was the only project in the home's plans, McClain said, and they have no other renovations scheduled or in the works for the near future.