At their meeting Tuesday, the Sheridan County Commissioners approved three cooperative agreements for future development plans along West Fifth Street. Public Works Director, Rod Liesinger, explains what the first agreement entails.
Liesinger says the City will administer that project on behalf of both the County and City, and the City will take the lead on discussions with the Wyoming Department of Transportation moving forward.
Liesinger breaks down the second agreement.
The urban systems funds are federal highway funds, explains Liesinger, and over the years the County has accumulated approximately $2.4 million in that category. He says an early estimate on the construction cost sits at $2.5 million, but adding engineering costs brings the estimated total to $3.3 million.
But since the urban systems funds are federal dollars, Liesinger says 90.49 percent will be covered by the federal government, with the City and County splitting the cost of the remaining 9.51 percent. Liesinger says at this point the out-of-pocket cost will be less than $500,000 from those accumulated funds.
And the final related agreement that was approved is for a 30,000 foot level reconnaissance report. The recon report would aid the preliminary engineering process by examining the West Fifth Street Corridor, particularly where it would ultimately tie in to the end of Yellowtail Avenue.