Just after 10AM Wednesday, Jimmy Legerski was at his Pavement Markings business when he noticed smoke inside the building. Legerski leases space at 1224 Westview Drive just west of Sheridan. Firefighters from Sheridan Fire-Rescue and the Goose Valley Fire Department responded to the call and found a portion of the roof on fire.
The fire was contained between the original flat roof of the building and a newer sloped roof. Firefighters were at the scene for nearly 5 hours. After the fire was extinguished, investigators went to work. They determined the cause of the blaze was a loose joint in a metal chimney that allowed heat to build up between the two roofs.
The fire required crews to work from ladders and the Sheridan Fire-Rescue ladder truck was also called to the scene. No injuries were reported with the fire.