BILLINGS, Mont. (AP) - Billings police say nobody was injured in an explosion that destroyed one home and damaged three others.
Police Chief Rich St. John tells KTVQ-TV that the explosion occurred Wednesday morning at a home on Granite Avenue. The explosion caused a fire that destroyed the home and damaged others nearby. Police evacuated a two-block area.
Billings Mayor Tom Hanel says the explosion was caused y a natural gas leak. He says the homeowner was not present at the time of the explosion.
Montana-Dakota Utilities Co. spokesman Rick Matteson says natural gas was likely involved but the company is trying to determine the cause.
Matteson says he cannot confirm speculation by neighbors that a large rock fell from a nearby ridge and landed on a gas line, causing the explosion.