The cause of the fire at 910 West Loucks Street Wednesday night has been determined to be from smoking while using concentrated oxygen. This is the second time since November 2009 that a fire has been caused by the use of concentrated oxygen while smoking. Fire Marshal Brian Songer.
Songer says that people shouldn't even be smoking in the same room where there's concentrated oxygen.
Songer indicated that there was extensive fire damage in the bedroom of the home where the fire occurred, and that there was significant smoke and heat damage throughout the entire home. He added that more extensive damage was averted due to the quick response by Sheridan Fire Rescue.