SCLT Tours Kendrick K Ranch

In 1911 John B. Kendrick purchased the K Ranch acreage on which he had Sheridan's Oscar Husman family build the Kendrick Circle K Ranch house and adjacent buildings in 1925. The Circle K Ranch house area was the highlight of Saturday's Sheridan Community Land Trust (SCLT) tour of east Sheridan County. Leiter's Billie Little gave the 35 participants a show and tell insight of the area between Sheridan and the eastern reaches of the County before turning over the the talking duties to Steve Smith who covered the K Ranch area - the highlight of the tour. The K Ranch is located North of U.S. Routes 14 and 16 near 1300 Lower Powder River Road (CR269). A video of the K Ranch portion of the tour is in the making but for now scroll down and have a sneak peak.

In 1911 John B. Kendrick purchased the K Ranch acreage on which he had Sheridan's Oscar Husman family build the Kendrick Circle K Ranch house and adjacent buildings in1925. The Circle K Ranch house area was the highlight of Saturday's Sheridan Community Land Trust (SCLT) tour of east Sheridan County.
In 1911 John B. Kendrick purchased the K Ranch acreage on which he had Sheridan's Oscar Husman family build the Kendrick Circle K Ranch house and adjacent buildings in1925. The Circle K Ranch house area was the highlight of Saturday's Sheridan Community Land Trust (SCLT) tour of east Sheridan County.
The view of the main K Ranch area as seen near the entrance drive off of Powder River Road
The view of the main K Ranch area as seen near the entrance drive off of Powder River Road
Two of the buildings located directly north of the main house - the one on the left was originally a spring house is now a guest house while the 3-unit building on the right originally housed from near to far: a smoke house, an ice house and a generator room.
Two of the buildings located directly north of the main house - the one on the left was originally a spring house is now a guest house while the 3-unit building on the right originally housed from near to far: a smoke house, an ice house and a generator room.
The bell tower as seen through the arches of the guest house - to the right of the bell tower was the original bunk house which has been converted into another guest house.
The bell tower as seen through the arches of the guest house - to the right of the bell tower was the original bunk house which has been converted into another guest house.