Untrimmed Tree Causes Small Fire in Banner

Untrimmed Tree Causes Small Fire in Banner

It's no big secret that dry conditions in the area are putting forests and communities at risk for wildfires. Last week, a small fire started in Banner that knocked out power to hundreds of people for a few hours overnight.

Montana-Dakota Utilities Spokesperson, Laura Lueder, talks about what happened on Upper Prairie Dog Road Friday night.

When the tree branch fell into the power lines, it caused a spark that ignited the tree on fire. Luckily, the fire was self-limiting, and firefighters did not respond. Lueder said MDU's emergency crew worked as safely and quickly as possible to get the problem fixed.

Lueder said keeping trees trimmed is an important part of powerline safety. Electrical emergencies should be immediately reported to MDU by calling 1-800-MDU-FAST. Anyone interested in learning more about preventative safety measures can click here.

Carrol Realty
view counter