Friday and Saturday the Wyoming State Board of Medicine held their October meeting at the Sheridan Holiday Inn. Of the many agenda items they addressed, licensing issues took up the majority of the two days.
Kevin Bohnenblust, who tells folks that he is a “recovering attorney”, serves as the board's Executive Director. He said the number of licensed physicians increased last year.
He says approximately 40% of the physicians they license will actually move to Wyoming and practice here. The other 60%, he says.
The State Medical Board conducted several face-to-face interviews with physicians who traveled to Sheridan for approval of first-time licensing in Wyoming.
Other issues addressed in the two days included training / residency licenses and one-year Residency requirements, among others.