Sheridan Fire-Rescue Responds to Shed Fire

Sheridan Fire-Rescue personnel discuss overhaul operations with Clearmont Fire member Trenton Adam (blue shirt) and an unidentified man (grey shirt).  In the background, SFR Firefighter/EMTs John McConahay and Andy Fried extinguish small pockets of fire in a avacant shed. (Courtesy Photo)
Sheridan Fire-Rescue personnel discuss overhaul operations with Clearmont Fire member Trenton Adam (blue shirt) and an unidentified man (grey shirt). In the background, SFR Firefighter/EMTs John McConahay and Andy Fried extinguish small pockets of fire in a avacant shed. (Courtesy Photo)

Sheridan Fire-Rescue arrived at a structure fire around 9:30 Monday morning at 231 Dow Prong Road in Sheridan County. Fire crews found an empty 10-foot by 20-foot storage shed on fire, having burned about 50%.

In a media release from Fire Marshall Brian Songer, he reports that hand lines were extended and 500 gallons of water were carried on Sheridan Fire's Engine 1 to knock the fire down. Crews from Clearmont Fire arrived shortly thereafter and assisted in extinguishing the blaze.

Property owner John Quinn discovered the fire, which started on the roof of the shed where power lines had been rubbing.

Songer says that they believe the high winds blowing throughout Sheridan County over the last couple of days damaged the wire's insulation, which caused the fire.

view counter