Sheridan Fire-Rescue Respond to Saturday Morning House Fire

Sheridan Fire-Rescue Captain Mike Miller (white helmet) directs fire operations, while Firefighter/Paramedic  Kyle Johnson (yellow helmet) prepares to enter the home and Firefighter II/EMT Greg Luhman sets up equipment.  (Courtesy Photo)
Sheridan Fire-Rescue Captain Mike Miller (white helmet) directs fire operations, while Firefighter/Paramedic Kyle Johnson (yellow helmet) prepares to enter the home and Firefighter II/EMT Greg Luhman sets up equipment. (Courtesy Photo)

Sheridan Fire-Rescue is in the news again this week, this time with word of responding to a house fire at 959 Burton just after 7:30 Saturday morning.

Fire Marshall Brian Songer gives us the details.

The owner of the home, Ed Foltz, sustained no injuries. In fact, Fire Marshal Songer says that because of preventative measures Mr. Foltz had taken prior to the fire, a lot went right.

Preliminary reports suggest that an unattended candle may be the cause of the fire, but Songer says investigators were still on scene into Saturday afternoon to rule out other possible causes. Foul play is not suspected at this time.

Songer says that while fire damage was contained to the room of origin, heavy smoke damage was found throughout the home.

view counter