Nighthawk Court Structure Fire Leaves Home with Significant Damage

SFR  Incident Commander Gary Harnish discusses tactics with Division Chief Terry Lenhart during suppression operations. (SFR)
SFR Incident Commander Gary Harnish discusses tactics with Division Chief Terry Lenhart during suppression operations. (SFR)

A structure fire caused by a malfunctioning sewing machine foot control left a Sheridan home uninhabitable with fire damage Thursday.

According to a media release from Sheridan Fire Rescue, the fire in the home at 310 Nighthawk Court was knocked down by fire crews within 20 minutes of the call and no one was home at the time. The call came in at about 9:36 am. SFR Fire Marshal Brian Songer.

He explains further the cause of the fire.

Fire damage was contained to the basement where the fire originated, and to the living room directly above. The house, due to extensive heat and smoke damage throughout, is not inhabitable at this time, Songer said.

The home is owned by Glen and Diana Wright.

Goose Valley Fire Department and Rocky Mountain Ambulance assisted.

Carrol Realty
view counter