Sheridan Media continues the journey back in time – one hundred years ago. Here's what The Sheridan Enterprise newspaper reported on this day, Jan. 7, 1914.
High school teacher Mrs. Johnson presented a stereopticon lecture on Switzerland at the high school. The event was open to the public – admission was 10 cents – to raise money to buy slides for classroom use. The school bought a stereopticon and a reflectoscope the year before but now needed slides to show. The stereopticon was a kind of slide projector that combined two images to create a 3-D effect, and the reflectoscope projected images of postcards.
The Decker-Cummings Music company at 27 South Main Street announced it had received shipment of a Hardmann piano to be delivered to Mrs. Alf Diefenderfer. The company claimed it was “one of the handsomest pianos that ever came to the city.”
Owners of The Auto Line announced cars were available for country trips anywhere, day or night. The company announced three seven-passenger cars and four five-passenger cars were for hire, with two trips daily from Sheridan and Buffalo.