Now, here's Sheridan Media's journey back in time to one hundred years ago, with reporter Pat Blair giving the daily news from The Sheridan Enterprise newspaper on Feb. 3,1914.
Mrs. Sherman D. Canfield was severely burned last evening at her home, apparently when a mixup of electrical light wires sparked. Her hands and throat were reported to be deeply seared, and skin grafting may be necessary.
This morning is the coldest Sheridan has experienced so far this winter. The mercury reportedly dropped to 16 below zero in one part of the city.
Final sessions of the Farmers Institute will be this evening in Dayton and Banner.
J.F. Oliver at 410 Broadway is selling 40 suits, men's and boys' clothes, at $4 to $7 each.
The Business Men's Club will meet tonight at city hall. The purpose is to discuss whether to seek favorable legislation that would allow taxes to be paid in two semi-annual payments.