Every summer for the last 14 years, the Sheridan County Chamber of Commerce has had a graduating class from the Leadership Sheridan County project. This year State Auditor Rita Meyer was a guest speaker for the graduation ceremony at the Chamber’s monthly luncheon.
Twenty-three people graduated from the program yesterday. Chamber Director Janelle Martinsen says their work is not over yet.
Leadership programs exist throughout the country but this may be one of the only ones where students become instructors for the next session. Plans are already underway for Leadership Sheridan County 2010.
The 2009 graduating class --
- Teresa (Teddy) Araas, Sheridan Memorial Hospital
- Kelly Carroll, Volunteers of America Wyoming & Montana
- Elizabeth Craft
- Cathy Daniello, First Interstate Bank
- DJ Dearcorn, First Federal Savings Bank
- Rachel Depew, Sheridan Police Department
- Callie Drell, First Interstate Bank
- Patty Forister, Sheridan Memorial Hospital
- Jody Hecker, Sheridan Memorial Hospital
- Jill Hegy, Sheridan VA Medical Center
- Kenneth Hirschman, City of Sheridan
- Linda Lawrence, Sheridan College
- Deanna Martinez, Sheridan Police Department
- Mary McDougall
- Tonya Murner, Westview Health Care Center
- Debbie Popp, First Interstate Bank
- Steve Schlenker, Sheridan VA Medical Center
- Cynthia Sheperd-Godwin, Sheridan Police Department
- Liz Shostrom, State Farm Insurance
- Paul Siler, Sheridan Police Department
- Stacia Skretteberg, Sugarland Enterprises
- Anthony Tarver, Wells Fargo Bank
- Elizabeth Wood
Also, Chad Baker (Security State Bank) will be receiving a certificate of participation.