Sheridan Media first reported a residential fire on North Broadway Street Saturday night. New details have come to light that expose the heroic actions of an unnamed neighbor.
Brian Songer, Fire Marshall with Sheridan Fire Rescue, talks about what happened.
Songer reported the cause of the fire was probably an overloaded electrical outlet. He said that thankfully, no people were in the house when it ignited, but a brave neighbor performed a daring rescue for the family's pet.
Emergency responders would not release the name of the good Samaritan neighbor due to client confidentiality.Sheridan Fire Rescue was assisted by the Goose Valley Fire Department, Rocky Mountain Ambulance, Sheridan Police Department and Sheridan Count Sheriff's Office.