Many little goblins may be heading out trick-or-treating tonight carrying a glow-stick to light their way.
Since that’s the case, Joan McVoy of the state’s poison center says, be careful with the toy wand.
With that said, if the liquid leaks out, she says there's usually no need for a trip to the hospital.
Last year, she said the poison center received nearly 500 calls about Halloween glow-stick mishaps. And though the lighted wand can keep children safer, in most cases, because it glows in the dark, the toy still can be a problem if broken. So, she says, go ahead and have a “glowing” Halloween, but be careful. And, just in case you need the poison center's number, that's 800-222-1222.