House Saved, with Neighbor's Help

Firefighters save house on Burton. (Photo Provided)
Firefighters save house on Burton. (Photo Provided)

Local residents escaped unharmed from a house fire overnight on Burton in Sheridan.

The fire started in a gas fireplace insert, then extended to the siding of the home, but stayed primarily on the exterior. The information was released this morning by Chief Terry Lenhart of the Sheridan Fire-Rescue department.

He said the call came in right about 9:30 last night. By the time firefighters arrived, he said, a neighbor had already applied water from a garden hose to the side of the home and knocked down the majority of the fire.

Firefighters then spent over an hour on scene locating and removing smoldering materials, to make sure the fire was out. The chief said the fire caused minor damage and the occupants were not displaced. They were home at the time, he said, but were able to escape without injury because they were alerted by their smoke detector alarms.

The chief said his firefighters were supported at the scene by the Rocky Mountain Ambulance service and Sheridan Police Department. The cause of the fire remains under investigation.

uBlaze Vapor
view counter