Fire Ruled Accidental

Posted in
(Photo courtesy of Sheridan Fire-Rescue)
(Photo courtesy of Sheridan Fire-Rescue)

Sheridan Fire-Rescue has revealed the mobile home fire yesterday at 1076 Adam Street most likely started due to an electrical failure, but the incident is still officially under investigation.

The home is owned by Sheridan resident, Joyce Zac, who was not at home when the fire started in the living room of the home. Fire crews were able to stop the fire from spreading beyond the kitchen, but supression efforts were hampered by the collapse of an awning, which prohibited firefighter access to both doors to the home. The end of the trailer home not burned completely was heavily damaged by smoke.

Sheridan Fire was helped yesterday by Goods Valley Fired Department and Rocky Mountain Ambulance.

The complete media release from SFR is attached below this story.

view counter
AttachmentSize
release.doc11.5 KB