Sheridan crews responded to three fires last week.
Sheridan Fire Department Captain Gary Harnish called all three accidental.
The most significant damage was to a mobile home in Heide's Mobile Home Park, located off Coffeen Avenue south of Brundage Lane on Thursday. The captain said the blaze was traced to a personal care portable heating appliance left in contact with an item like a towel or wash cloth.
The captain said the three residents of the home were able to salvage a few personal items, but the structure was a complete loss.
On Saturday afternoon, crews responded to a fire in a barn on Dana Avenue just north of 11th Street. The captain said that fire was traced to hot welding equipment left too close to combustible material. He said the fire was extinguished quickly, and about 10 percent of the structure was damaged.
Earlier in the week, on Monday, an activated alarm brought crews to Martinizing Drycleaning on Sugarland Drive. That fire was traced to a rag that had been used to clean up spilled oxydizing chemicals. The rag was thrown into a bucket with other rags and later ignited. The captain said damage was limited to charred paint on a wall thanks to a monitored alarm system that alerted firefighters before the fire got out of control.