No injuries were reported in a Mydland Road trailer fire that left the structure with heavy damage on Christmas day. The fire was extinguished in about 20 minutes, and it is believed that it originated in the kitchen of the trailer, according to Sheridan Fire-Rescue.
A media release from SFR Marshal Brian Songer reads that upon arrival “crews found a trailer house fully involved in fire”. Crews responded at approximately 12:29 pm, had the fire under control by 12:50 and remained on scene until after 3 pm to conduct their investigation and put out hot spots. Goose Valley Volunteer Fire Department and Rocky Mountain Ambulance also responded.
The occupant of the trailer at 1511 Mydland Road space 71, Mike Fitzpatrick, was home at the time of the fire but was not injured. The fire caused minor damage to a neighboring trailer. Also, a cat was later found in a back room and returned to Fitzpatrick by Goose Valley firefighter Derrick Wood. The cat was reported as in good condition.
The release said that the fire is believed to have started in the kitchen, but the investigation by SFR is ongoing.