Built between 1904 and 1905, Sheridan County's original courthouse was listed on the National Register on November 15 of 1982, making the structure among the first in the city to receive that distinction.

It's time once again to take a look back at a few of the top stories from this past week with our Sheridan Media Week in Review.

The Sheridan City Council approved on first reading, an ordinance establishing a Municipal Power Enterprise. City of Sheridan Public Works Director Nic Bateson.

Visitor services will continue during renovations at the Bighorn National Forest’s Tongue Ranger District office in Sheridan, but the public entrance will be temporarily relocated.

Officials at Sheridan County School District 1 have announced they'll be offering classic kindergarten at both Big Horn and Tongue River elementary schools in the 2014-15 school year.

The Kennon Products company of Sheridan has received funding to help research and develop a system that would reduce injuries of military members involved in an under-body blast, rollover or crash.

Northern Wyoming Community College District trustees gave first-reading approval to a change in district employees' early retirement benefits on Thursday night.

A new 4-H educator could be on board in the University of Wyoming's Sheridan County extension office by the summer. That's the hope of Sheridan County University of Wyoming Extension Educator Scott Hininger, who joked about the prospect.

The Wyoming News Service reports that the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs is calling diabetes a "silent epidemic," among those who have served in the military – and is dedicating resources to better management of the disease.

Syndicate content